1.02.2006

The Adventure Begins



Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Sweeden, Krakow, Warsaw, Zilina, Budapest, Bosnia, Croatia, Solvenia, Italy, Vienna, Prague, Germany and who knows where else.
Tomorrow is the begining of an amazing adventure. 3 guys, 1 girl, 13 countries, 1 month. This is an opportunity that few afforded the chance of having and yet it is happening to me or rather I am making it happen. I fly out on January 4th from Atlanta to Amsterdam to backpack through Eastern Europe with 3 of the most amazing guys ever. Daniel Park, David Baker and Michael Johnson have a vision to start a youth hostel as a ministry in Eastern Europe and this is the first giant step in that direction. I have no idea what to expect, but that is part of the beauty of this. I pray that this will be a learning experience of a lifetime. I pray we will see God in ways we have never seen him before. That the beauty of traveling over creation yet seen, the experience of meeting people of all cultures, the freedom of owning only the stuff on your back and the peace of breathing in life all around us would change us.
"It might be time for you to go. It might be time to change, to shine out. I want to repeat one word for you: LEAVE. It is a beautiful word isn't it? So, strong and forceful, the way you have always wanted to be. And you will not be alone. You have never been alone. Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It is you who will have changed."
-Donald Miller

1 comments:

Katie said...

I am so excited for you AJ -- enjoy the adventure....

love and prayers.