1.08.2006

The good life...

I woke up this morning after an amazing sleep and i started a chapter in a book one of my great friends gave me called "Jesus in the Margins." the author was talking about a trip his family took to a beautiful beach in California. i believe that it was God whispering to me in my ear as if to comment on my previous blog;

"It was in paradise that an unsettling thought scurried through my mind: Do I really need Jesus.? When we step back and recognize that we have defined the "good life" as something we can obtain by ourselves for ourselves, we begin to see the absurdity of redemption. Jesus came to redeem us from something we don't think is a problem. Why should he die on the cross for me? I'm living the good life. And so the question becomes so what?" - Rick McKinley

God was tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to look around me and redefine "the good life" and redefine comfort and redefine my life as if my relationship with him wasn't as real as i thought it was once all my comfort or all of America was stripped away from me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AJ,
I am so glad to read all about the trip through your blog. I am Daniel's mom, Anne, and I look forward to meeting one day upon your return. Make sure those boys never leave you alone.( Always the Mom!)I'm pretty sure I told Daniel that before he left. So it sounds as if the trip itinerary is going backwards now. Right? Anyway, go with God, Anne