1.26.2006

Things I am excited about...

I am one day in Prauge, one 15 hour overnight busride across Europe (yuck), one day and one night in Amsterdam away from being back home in the states. In pondering my coming home I decided to make a list of things I am most excited about. These are in no way all of them and are in no specific order. Here it goes...

*wearing more than 4 outfits
*tap water (they act like it doesn't exist here)
*any weather above 10 degrees
*normal showers (not impossible to manuevur bath tubs, not 10 second hot water heaters, not trickling pressure, not used by 1000 previous travelers, not curtainless wash tins with shower heads you have to hold and inevitably soak the whole room with...just normal showers)
*not pizza
*female company
*not carrying my world in my backpack
*not carrying a backpack at all
*exsercise
*a language I understand
*clean laundry
*hair dryers
*peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches
*no buses, trains, planes, boats, trams, trolleys, or anything else that transports other than my Jeep Cherokee
*church
*alone time
*sleep
*anything cooked by Mama Jordan
*not using a map everywhere I go
*my family
*my friends
I am sure that there are countless others, but after a month in Europe, these are the ones that come to mind.

"What things exist in the world that, if I didn't have, i would pay a million dollars to have, but having them, ignore.? "
-John Piper

4 comments:

Katie said...

AAAAAJJJAAAAAYYYY!!! I'm glad I could make you feel @ home with my latest blog...& you seriously cracked me up w/ your Chech Republic comment. I can't wait to see you soon - I am praying for safe travels. We definitely need to catch up so gimme a call sometime after you get adjusted and eat a PB&J and take a hot shower. haha. I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to cook for you. Let me know your first choice. Pineapple stuff? I love you!

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

AJ...we are all excited to see you again. We are waiting patiently for your return. Now...i cant promise any engagemnts offers or any of those things you have become acustomed to, but i can promise a lot of warm hugs from people who care about you.

Jon said...

in leadership interviews, andrew aarmstrong had to do an interpretive dance to "the circle of life" and don't ya know it made me think about you. . . last time for this guy in the crazy awesome IPTAY room. love you friend and stay strong in your last days before home.