1.19.2006

Clean Clothes and Skype

When traveling in Europe so very far away from home and you feel that you grow more weary in every aspect of the word with every step you take, blessings are easy to spot. We, nearing the end of our trip and therefore the end of our strength, have received two tiny large blessings in the past day. Now, I use the oxymoron, tiny large, because back in the states they might, because of my preoccupation with everything else, go unnoticed and yet here they have commanded my attention. The first is clean clothes. I know, I know, you're thinking, "Sick" and "that isn't a blessing." No, no, let me assure you that it is. Save one load of underwear and socks that we did collectively in Croatia about 5 days ago we had yet to wash anything, until that is today. This family we are staying with has washed all of our dirty clothes, which can really just be stated, "all of our clothes" because everything has been dirty for a while.
The second blessing, one much more intangible and because of it much more precious, was sitting around my computer tonight (3:30 am for us and 9:30 pm for all of you), listening to FCA, our body of brothers and sisters across the sea, worshiping and getting the opportunity not only to speak with them, but worship with them. I am amazed at technology, but much more than that I am amazed at that group of people and the efforts they have gone to to bless us, and the effortlessness with which God orchestrates it all. So, thank you 9:19 if any of you are reading this. Thank you Trey Boden for your heart and love. Thank you Lauren for being beautifully and wonderfully made as my sister and thank you Jesus....thank you Jesus!

4 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

AJ....it was so great to hear your voice. I wanted to yell out a "hello" or "hey" or something to yall, but i didnt want to be that guy and interupt the moment, but the desire was there. I loved hearing what God was doing with yall over there. I cant wait to speak with yall in person. We are praying for each of you.

Anonymous said...

sleeve is NOT joking! I didnt want to be 'that person' who feels they have the strange privledge of getting to yell hey! VERY good to hear yall's voices though and im glad to hear you got some clean clothes cause we could smell you all the way over here! ;)

Anonymous said...

AJ,Hi,your Mom told us about this site. It is wonderful. I am proud to say that I know you. You and your friends are such a great witness for our Lord. Joey G and i came to the site at school. He was spending his planning period with me. I hope you get this even though I am a day behind. In His Love. Mommasally

Katie said...

Well Age, I wasn't there - I was in Charleston, but I'm pretty sure if I was there, I would have hollered to you and perhaps even shown you a glimpse of the beautiful full moon of South Carolina. :-)