12.29.2006

My good friend David Baker got married tonight. This time last year we were in Europe together, freezing our badonkers off and teasing him because he had liked Sara forever and just started dating her the day we left. We were gone for a month. They dated for around 7 months, got engaged in August and married tonight. It never ceases to amaze me how fast things change.
I sat at a table tonight with 3 married couples, all good friends of mine from college. Most of the time I think very little about the idea of marriage and simply enjoy my independence. It is moments like tonight that make me excited about one day being married. Its about stability, having a number one, being somebody's number one...who doesn't want that in their life? We were designed for it, meant for it and because of that we crave it. One day. Who knows who it will be.

0 comments: