12.24.2006

Oh Holy Night

Sometimes I become discouraged when I survey the world and all I can see seems to be the negative, the sad, the overwhelming feeling that something has gone terribly wrong and that Christianity is becoming more and more scarce. The month leading up to Christmas is a good example of this. But other times, times like tonight, Christmas Eve, when houses are lit up and driveways are filled with cars and people are laughing and catching up and giving gifts (some wanted...some that will be regiven or returned) it occurs to me the great impact that the birth of Jesus has made on the world. I know that many things about Christmas have evolved to a point where Christ isn't even a thought, but the simple fact that this holiday exists, where much of the world stops to celebrate the greatest gift humanity has ever been given, blows my mind. The coming of Jesus to earth has impacted us all more than most of us even realize. He is woven into the very fabric of the universe.
Praise God for the giving of His only Son, so that we have confidence that He has already defeated the darkness, even if the darkness is sometimes still a very real reality!

0 comments: