12.17.2006

One Semester Down

There are these strong points of reflection at different times of the year that almost bid you to stop and survey all that has happened. I have finished my first semester at Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas...Unbelievable. Who would ever thought I would have been in Fort Worth, Texas at Southwestern Seminary?...Some people still do not know that is where I am. I never would have dreamed that is where I would be and yet I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. It amazes me that the place I didn't want to be has become the only place I want to be (for now at least) and I was so close to being somewhere else. I could spend days writing about all the things I have learned since I have been there and all the things I am thankful for about being there. I will only list a few...
*I am thankful for the school; one of the few institutions left that believes the inerrancy of Scripture
*I am thankful for my roommate; a gift that was just handed to me and has been such a blessing
*I am thankful for my friends; a random assortment of people who really love Jesus
*I have learned so much about myself; the good, bad and ugly
*I have learned so much about life and the truth of life in Jesus
*I am thankful for my ministry; both with my middle school job and my college-intern job
*I am thankful for the life that God is waking up inside of me

For now I am glad to be home...sitting in my den in South Carolina with my dogs and my sleeping Mom.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am thankful for you. And that you are in South Carolina.

Anonymous said...

hey i miss you. i want to play with you some day soon. merry christmas eve eve eve eve eve eve... (you get the picture)

Anonymous said...

that was from me, jenny, the "anonymous said".

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Its good to have you back sis.