7.01.2010

assaulted with tobacco.

This morning something happened to me that has never happened to me before and I am honestly still in a little bit of shock about it. I was driving my car behind a biker dude. I wasn't in a hurry. He wasn't going slow. I wasn't driving too close behind him (or at least I thought). We are driving down this two lane road and he suddenly hits his brakes, slowing down very quickly. He wasn't turning....there was no one or nothing in front of him...he just slowed way down. So I slowed way down....in that process got close to him and then let him speed back up and get a good distance ahead of me....and then it happened. His arm flew up into the air and I noticed a big, black blob flying through the air towards my car. And then, it hit...smack in the middle of my windshield.....his used wad of chewing tobacco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had taken his tobacco out of his mouth and hurled it at my car windshield! SICK! I was in shock. I have no idea what in the world I did to him! I always know when I am in a hurry and a car in front of me is going slow and I am purposefully too close to them because I am irritated and trying to send a message (this is evil and it never works, but I do it nonetheless....there is an honest confession). But this guy...I was not close to him. I hate riding behind motorcycles and try to give them plenty of space. So, what did I do? I wish that I could say that I was filled with grace and forgiveness and that I said a little prayer for the guy just in case he had had a bad day, but that is just not how it went down. I laid on the horn. Was this move effective in making him feel bad about his actions?.....absolutely not! He threw his arm up into the air and with it his middle finger, but it did make me feel a little better....me and my Honda Civic with the giant wad of disgusting, cancer causing, chewing tobacco on the windshield. I feel like honking the horn was definitely on the more reserved end of what I could have done....it is definitely one of the more reserved responses that crept into my head in the moment...some of the other ones might have landed me in jail.

0 comments: