7.16.2010

my birthday present

This year I got myself a birthday present. I normally just get money from family for my birthday and I NEVER spend it on anything. I just stick it in savings thinking that one day I'll get something with it and rarely do. For some reason, I never can think of anything I want when the day comes around, and I am blessed with a lot, so there is really nothing I need. This year was different. I had something I wanted (I would say needed, but I don't like using that term for anything....so I will just say that this tool will be extremely helpful while training). I am training for a half and a full marathon. This is a Garmin Forerunner. It is an athletic training watch that has satellite GPS.
When you start running distances longer than 3 or so miles it becomes harder and harder to track how far you have really gone. Most parks don't go above 1.5 mile loops and who wants to do that 10 times? This watch tracks exactly how far you have gone, the exact pace you are going, time, calories burned, heart rate....etc. It's pretty amazing. I had a 10 mile run this morning and used it for the first time. It is a pretty sweet little tool. I am super excited about it.

0 comments: