8.15.2006

Another Great Adventure

I am leaving home again today to start yet another adventure. It seems I never stay home long enough to catch my breath before it is time for me to be on the road again. I came to a question last night that I seem to be coming back to a lot lately. What is the obligation/importance of family? Is it important enough that you shouldn't set out on your own or perhaps move to another part of the country? So many families raise generations in the same town or state. Is it wrong to move away from that and break the mold? I in no way intend to settle my life in Texas. I hate Texas, but hopefully it will grow on me.
Anyway, if you are a praying type of person and you're feeling in the mood you could throw one up for me about this next chapter. Its a big step to go to seminary and I dont' know if it is the right one, but time will tell.

4 comments:

S.D.G. said...

praying for you always aj. and, yes, the family is very important. i believe it's one of God's biggest tools in teaching us about life and ourselves. but sometimes you need to leave for a while, to learn how to relate to and/or "be a part" of your family. but maybe even more important than your biological family, is the family you have in Christ...which would make you my sister, whom i love dearly. i pray that God will continually take you places where you are uncomfortable, so you might grow into everything He has called you to be...and that every day you have a new reason to be amazed at His goodness, and His mystery. love you aj...

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend

I love you buddy, Dad knows the ways home! You are precious to me, seriously! <(Precious-adj.-of high price, or great value, dear, beloved, highly important, irreplaceable)> YOU ARE :)
I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

POSTED BY: bradley bowling

I am praying for you and seminary will be a great experience for you...I am sure of that! Our God is a mysterious God and He reveals so many things to us through different experiences....Seminary will be one of those experinces for you...I am sure it will be HARD at times but remember to TRUST in the Lord always...and He will provide for all of your needs. I LOVE you my beautful AJ and when you are home...give me a call and we will "meet halfway" and catch up!! Know that you are always being prayed for!! You are awesom!! :)

Ian and Sally said...

seminary? wow, i did not know that (actually, i don't know why i would or should know that, but anyway, i'm glad to hear it). where are you headed? dallas? southwestern? baylor? let me know. sally and i will pray for you. seminary can be rewarding, but it can also be draining. keep your head up girl and continue to walk close with God. He will take you where you need to go (even if it is in tx...).