8.19.2006

Change

"Time brings change and change takes time."
I heard this in a song today and it jumped out at me so strongly as if it was something I so desperately needed to here and understand. I have been in Texas for a little over 24 hours now, but have been circling around these same few questions that entire time and even on the ride out here; "What am I doing? Am I out of my mind? Why am I here? Is it too late to change my mind?" For the first time in 5 years I am a freshman again, walking around with my mouth wide-open as if I couldn't will it to shut, no idea what I am doing, where am I, who I am. Maybe its the heat, I mean it was 114 degrees here yesterday.
But, time does bring change and you can't stop it. You can't stay in the same place. You have to leave, move on, go, grow, find your way and those things take time. It will take time to adjust to anything new. It is simply another great adventure, who knows what God has up his sleeve, or robe or clouds, or whatever the proper substitution for sleeve would be. I'm an idiot. Pray for me, that I find my way, that I find the way the Lord wants me to go in and walk in it unabashedly.

2 comments:

S.D.G. said...

you have no idea how badly i needed to hear these words right now. i moved in to belmont today...it's been much more overwhelming than i thought. and as i sit here, i'm trying to make sense of it all and absolutely force myself to trust Him. but He just IS....so what have i to fear. ...that is an amazing nichole nordeman song....

Anonymous said...

POSTED BY: bradley bowling

I am kind of dealing with the same feelings...I moved my boyfriend into college yesterday and now I have come to the realization that EVERYTHING is going to change. I am not ready for such a drastic change...I mean I am extremely cautious about getting involved in a relationship, and now, when I feel like I am in such "strong like" or maybe starting to fall in love with my boyfriend...things change. And it is going to be much harder to keep a strong relationship when we do not see each other as much...I am worried about getting my heart broken! I guess time will tell, and God has a plan and whatever happens will happen for a reason. But I just don't know how to deal with it all...ya know? And I am super stressed about deciding where to go to college...I LOVE Clemson and I have always wanted to go there but I spent the whole weekend at USC(spent the night with my best friend's sister) an it was fun too...all my friends are planning to go there. I know wherever I go I will have a blast but I do not have long to decide and I want to make the right decision! I know and trust that God will guide me every step of the way this year in all the decisions I am faced with. Anyways...I love you so much AJ and I know that Texas will be a life changing experience for you. Know that I am ALWAYS praying for you. I flippin' love you! Have a wonderful week!