8.22.2006

The funniest thing you didn't see


Similar to the pilgrims on the Mayflower's maiden voyage to North America, I came here with nothing. I have spent many days (and many dollars) searching for furniture for my room. I did purchase a bed frame and mattress the first night I got here, but couldn't pick it up till yesterday. I guarentee I orchestrated the funniest thing that happened in all of Ft. Worth Yesterday. It is funny too because I had just blogged about tieing giant inflatable animals to your car.
Thats right. I strapped a full size mattress to the top of the good ole jeep cherokee and road accross the city of Ft. Worth. The man at the mattress store laughed in my face. I felt like Chevy Chase with a mattress and a jeep instead of a Christmas tree and a station wagon. I think my good friend Katie Hogue would appreciate this image more than anyone, right Hogue? Ahhh the joys of being a freshman all over again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POSTED BY: bradley bowling

HOLY FLIPPIN COW...AJ you are too funny!! You make me laugh! I love the picture and if I had seen you drive down the road with a huge mattress on top of your car I think I would have to like stop and wonder what I had just witnessed!! I love you and hope you are doing GREAT! Hope you sleep good on that awesome mattress of yours! :) love ya

Katie said...

You can take the girl outta the country, but you can't take the country outta the girl...ain't that right, AJ? I'm proud of you for stayin' true to your redneck heritage, even in the big city. and you are right...I appreciated this post more than you know. I only wish I could have seen it with my own 2 eyes...and perhaps laid on them whilst they were atop your Jeep, just because it would have made me smile. haha. I love you age...we must talk soon.