8.29.2006

You just never know...

Hokay so, my job is to see funny things and report them on here so that I can share the happiness I feel with you when I see something story worthy. Its one of those things as my good friend K Hogue would say, "You just sort a chuckle inside." I saw two such things in the same car ride tonight. NOW if I may set this up for you...
I am living in Ft. Worth, also known in some circles as "Little Mexico." There are more imigrants in just my one block than there are freckles on my arm....those of you who know me are now going "WOW, thats a lot!" So, tonight I am riding with a friend down a crowded shopping street and out of the corner of my eye I catch a moving object of Hispanic descent. It was a little Hispanic man on a scooter. Now I'm not talking a VROOM VROOM scooter or Granny's Rascal, I'm talking bend over, one foot on the ground Flintstone styling it home on a Razor scooter. Three years ago every kids gotta have one for Christmas type scooter. [Insert chuckle from the depth of the belly here]. It was awesome.
The second thing I saw was when we got on Seminary Drive (yes this is the street the seminary is on) aka: Seminary Drive By. We passed this strip of run-down ghetto stores, which is the whole of the area, and one said, "POOP DECK: dancing and drinks" [insert chuckle with inquisitive smirk here]. I don't even want to know who chose that name. I am hoping that is was just a bad translation by some Hispanic dude because if not it might be the worst named club ever.

2 comments:

Katie said...

DUDE!!! I've seen the Poop Deck sign and chuckled inside before...in Ft. Worth Texas...on that same street! how great is that?!?! I chuckled just now when I read it, b/c I remember my experiences and reactions at the same sight. It makes you just get that crinkled up face and say "WHAT???" I love you for posting about that - and I love that we have the same sense of humor. I want to post a story that I had today at the hospital, but I don't think I can do it justice at the moment...maybe tomorrow - but you woulda been on the floor laughing at the sight of me today, AJ. To set it up: I was in the operating room observing a few surgeries...and somehow ended up holding a 25 year old man's pee cup as he's unconsciously peeing while laying on the table. yea. Next time I visit Texas (probably in November), we will go visit the poop-deck. and maybe we can even ride up on our scooters in our lucky ducky t-shirts (or put the matresses back on top of your car for kicks and giggles and drive to the poop deck in a pimped out ride). that'd be amazing...love you.

Anonymous said...

POSTED BY: bradley bowling

AJ!! So basically when you were talking about how there were more hispanics than freckles on you arm...I was one of the ones going "WOW!" I flippin LOVE reading your blogs because they always make me laugh until my abs hurt! :) But I hope you are doing wonderfully in Texas...I am praying for you always and I know that God has BIG plans for you! I miss you and love you so much AJ Jordan...more than you can even imagine! Hope to talk to you soon!!