8.13.2006

Medula Oblingatas

The other day at Litchfield beach I saw this sign posted by the pond at the condominums:
"Do not FEED or MOLEST alligators!"

I shared this sighting with a friend and he replied, "Who would feed alligators?" Fair question, but I have two better ones; 1. Who the flip would molest them? and 2. Surely there is a better word to use than molest? (some of you may have noticed this second one wasn't a question)

Today I was driving to Columbia and I saw a tiny little car, (for visual purposes lets say an old Corolla) and tied to the top was a giant inflatable alligator like the ones you buy at the beach. Now this is the interstate and speeds are fast so the thing is folded up like an "L" and all you see is the front half straight up in the air. I almost wet myself laughing so hard. A. Why didn't they think to deflate it? B. Thats just freakin hillarious

Note to Self: Attach a giant inflatable creature to your car once a month and cruise around town, when given funny looks simply stick your hand out the window in a wave that indicates you know, they know you're the stuff.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I've got an inflatable flamingo that I think would look nice perched upon your roof on the way to te-has. It could be your beacon...your navigator...your guide to truth...I mean, flamingo's are hot - you should do it. (oh, and I lied about the fact that I have an inflatable flamingo...but I wish I did). How 'bout you get me one as a "going away" present....yea yea yea - you're SUPPOSED to get a going away gift for the person who's actually "going away" - but I don't follow the rules. So feel free to buy me a gift and drop it by the house on your way out of town. HA! LOVE YOU AGE.

Anonymous said...

POSTED BY: bradley bowling

So basically...I wonder who you were going to see in Columbia?...it was ME and your family....but anyways...I had fun hanging out with you and catching up and I am praying for you always!