8.12.2006

The RESET button

I have this great friend of mine, Mr. Mark Smyers. We were talking last night on the phone and all the sudden he said, "Hey what are you doing? Who knows when I will see you next, do you want to meet me halfway?" We met at a truck stop and drove out to some dirt road, popped down the tailgate and just caught up on life. That is one of his favorite things to do; to leave, just leave and drive somewhere where its just him and the stars. It is his "reset button" as he called it. So many things in my life have just been in shambles, in code I can't read, not making any sense...but that, that two hours made so much sense. I felt myself saying, "It is okay. You can do this. You can keep going."
It was so many things. It was a great memory made by friends. It was a moment of freedom from life. It was a reset for me and an assurance that I can keep going. It was a blessing. That is what friends do...they meet each other halfway.
So if you get a chance, no I take that back...MAKE A CHANCE, grab a friend, find a dirtroad and simply be still. You won't regret it.
To you my friend, THANK YOU! Have fun in Yellowstone, you will be missed!

1 comments:

S.D.G. said...

praying for you AJ, and know YOU ARE LOVED!!