3.08.2010

blessing.

I was having a conversation in a bible study recently about living out of a sense of entitlement verses living out of a sense of gratitude. I really believe that we will live lives of entitlement when we do not fully grasp and believe that everything we have comes from God; that what Paul said in Colossians about how ALL THINGS (the Greek here means....ALL THINGS) were made by Him and for Him; that we are only "entitled" to the things that we made ex nihlio (out of nothing), which, not sure about you, but the last time I checked that was nothing! It is that sense of entitlement that robs us of a perspective of blessing. I love this quote on gratitude...

"Gratitude arises from the lived perception, evaluation, and acceptance of all life as grace - as an undeserved and unearned gift from the Father's hand."

So today, I thought about blessings and I obviously I could name every moment I got to breathe air as a blessing, but I have just listed below some things today that God didn't have to do, but He did...and they truely blessed my soul....these are in no particular order...

1. The temperature outside today was an amazing 73 degrees....blessing.
2. A wonderful new friend brought me a surprise lunch at work that included my favorite type of Sun Chips and a bag of chocolaty goodness...my favorite...plain M&M's. We shared great conversation out in the beautiful 73 degree sunshine and I am already thankful I know her....blessing.
3. I went on a run with my sister and my dog, both of whom I love....blessing.
4. I had dinner at Firehouse subs (oh so glorious) with a girl I had never met and it was so much fun....Great conversation...hearing her story and her heart. I love this kind of stuff...blessing.
5. I filled my car up with gas and it only cost 20 something dollars.....blessing.
6. I had my listening prayer teaching group tonight and as always that is a ridiculous time of blessing!....blessing.


The Lord is good and I am sure that there are so many more things that He blessed me with today that I am unaware of, but even the small step of speaking these 6 things out loud, humbles me before Him, and fills my heart with His love.

2 comments:

amy said...

You, dear, are quite a blessing to have as a new friend! Hope that you are having an amazing Tuesday!

amy said...

And again, I will say that you are a blessing! Thanks for calling and for hanging out tonight. I wasn't sure what I needed today, but you girls were (once again) quite good for my soul. And I'm sorry that you hit something on your way home! That's another one of my fears and another time that my eyes would have automatically closed while driving. Hope that your car doesn't have any remnants of him...