3.19.2010

So, I think I want to go to Jordan......next week.


I am going to Jordan.....the country.....on Monday. This is very spur of the moment, very unplanned, kind of like a trip to the mall would be, but you need a passport and a visa to get there. The conversation I had with the pastor's wife at Grace went something like this.

Jody, "So, I decided yesterday that I wanted to go to Jordan....so i am going next week."
Me, "Do you know what day you are wanting to go?" (never fathoming she already had a ticket)
Jody, "Yeah, my plane leaves next Thursday."
Me, "Oh......Oh......wow.......okay."
Jody, "Do you want to come.....I want you to go.....do you think you can go......?"
Me, "Like you need a ride to the airport....like that kind of go?"
Jody, "No, like I want you to go....to Jordan"
Me, "__________________________________" (this "___________" denotes silence and a wide open mouth)
Jody, "What do you think?"
Me, "__________________________" "I'm going to need you to repeat everything you just said"

So, I am going on Monday to the Middle East. I am actually traveling by myself. Jody has already left and I am in charge of a conference this weekend, so I will fly out when that is over. I haven't begun to think about what I need or what to pack. I hope I don't need immunizations (which last night I couldn't think of the word for and kept calling them vaccinations), but I don't think I do because I got about a dozen in December. All I know is that i need shirts that cover my butt, apparently, and the unfortunate thing is I am not really a fan of that style on myself.
It seems like spur of the moment trips/events/anything is how Grace does things. Trips to foreign countries or large, 500 people conferences come about similarly to the way trips to the grocery store or a friends house might come about...."Hey, I think I want to go to the store later"......"I think I want to go to the middle east next week"......okay, sounds great!

0 comments: