3.13.2010

my favorite day of the year...or one of them

I LOVE daylight savings time! I understand that we "lose" an hour of sleep (although technically we don't really lose it...kind of like a plane trip across a time zone) and that people really don't like that, and I am not a huge fan of that either, but I am very willing to let go of that one measly little hour to obtain a much greater thing....light. My least favorite time of the year is when it is dark before 6:00 p.m. I feel like the day is too short and like I can't do anything. I get off of work and walk out into darkness and that is just not okay with me...because I feel like its bedtime and I don't like to go to bed really early. I will look at the clock thinking it must be midnight and really it is only 8:30. But when the time changes and work ends and I still have 2 more hours of sunlight to frolic in (using frolic here because it sounds better than 'do things' not because I would actually frolic).....I can't think of anything more exciting. I love being outside and being with others who enjoy being outside and in the working world that normally only happens in the evenings or on the weekends. I will gladly part with that one hour to have months of daylight until 8. It just does something inside of my soul when this time of year comes around.

2 comments:

amy said...

Why not actually frolic?? :-)

A.J. said...

Ha...well I suppose I could frolic a bit...although I am not really sure how one frolics...you might want to have your camera ready if that happens...it would for sure make for some good laughs!