3.24.2010

funny story.

I arrived in the airport, got money changed, got my visa and got through customs without a hitch. I went down to baggage claim and collected the bags I had checked. I had packed my belongings in a book bag and a small rolling suit case that I carried on and I had two checked rolling suitcases that were full of things for the family I am visiting. Once I did all of that I had to go the bathroom so I wheeled all the suitcases into the restroom, did my thing, and then started to leave. I had one suitcase sitting on top of another one and was rolling the other two. The only way to do this successfully was to walk backwards while rolling. There was a sweet Jordanian lady, dressed in the traditional chadar (headdress), "monitoring the bathroom." I passed her and gave her a nod as I was backing out the door and when I turned my head slightly to make sure I didn't run into the wall I saw someone out of the corner of my eye that I was about to run completely over. I gasped loudly and jumped, exlaiming, "I am so sorry." When I turned my head completely I found myself staring at.....myself in a full length mirror! It wasn't someone I was about to run over at all....it was my idiotic self in a mirror. I came face to face with the silly "I am so sorry face" I was making, which looked absolutely ridiculous. When I turned back around, the Jordanian lady was quietly laughing and smiling underneath her chadar. Thinking back on it, I imagine it was pretty fun to watch since she knew what was happening and I didn't! Silly American. How can I get a visa and get through customs without a problem and struggle to make it out of the bathroom?

2 comments:

amy said...

You are a funny girl, indeed. I like you that way :-) Hope that you had an amazing day today!

Lauren Boden said...

Wow so I am reading that while sitting in class...trying not to laugh out loud....proving to be very difficult!