3.22.2010

Jordan.....the country?

I am leaving for Jordan today. Several people have said to me..."Jordan the country?" Maybe it is an odd place to go? When you say you are going to Brazil or Kenya people don't say..."Kenya the country?" Maybe it is just outside of most people's scopes.
I think I am all packed...a good friend actually packed my stuff for me while I tore my room to pieces trying to decide what I needed.....wonderful blessing. I am ready to go with my long, butt covering shirts...not that I really have anything worth covering, but alas. I think I have my toothbrush and that's all that really matters.....right? I don't really know at all what to expect. Maybe I'll see Petra, maybe I'll see the Dead Sea...who knows. I can imagine that whatever happens there, that simply being in that place and near those places that Scripture mentions so often will make the reality of Christianity more alive than ever. It is difficult for me to imagine being a place like that and not being overwhelmed by the fact that I am looking at what Moses saw and I am walking in places that Jesus walked. It will be a long 20 hours from now before I am there and this has actually been the most tiring stretch of days since I have been in Atlanta, so I am already pretty worn out and have been through a wide range of emotions in the last 48 hours because of it, but I am expectant. I am expectant that God is going to show me some pretty amazing things. I am praying for a few things for this trip:

1. A deeper glimpse into the heart of God for the nations from where it all began.
2. A deeper sense in my soul from walking in those places that the Scriptures are alive and active.
3. A burden in my heart to see Muslims step into the Kingdom.
4. An opportunity to open for us to bring back a group of women later in the year.
5. And on the not so spiritual, but oh so spiritual side....SLEEP on the plane

I have a video camera, a picture camera (neither of which I own) and my computer, so hopefully those items will be making there way onto here before I get back.

Grace and Peace

2 comments:

amy said...

So, I think that by the time you read this, you will be in Jordan! Yay! Praying that you are ASLEEP right now as you fly. Love that the Lord already showed up in ordaining your seatmate. I loved that story! I think that is probably just the beginning of how He is going to show up, and I can't wait to hear more stories. Have an amazing time! Love you!

P.S. So...it seems that I have severely exceeded my texting limit since you moved to town. Oops. I fixed it now, though. Now unlimited :-)

Melanie said...

I think people were not as shocked by Jordan the country as they were by the fact that you were going so suddenly.

I need to stop reading your blog. It makes me very sad.