3.15.2010

i thought it was a blanket.

On Monday nights I meet with these group of women for a thing called Listening Prayer. The house that we meet in is always freezing...not sure they believe in running the heat. I think they are both incredibly hot natured or either were Eskimos in another life because sure enough they keep their house temp set at 50 degrees. Every week women come in with blankets and heavy jackets...one week a lady even brought her on space heater, which I thought was hilarious. Anyway, tonight the house was particularly cold and for some reason I am never prepared like these other ladies are, so I was not dressed for a blizzard and was therefore, freezing. There was a blanket draped on the side of the couch so I grabbed it from my chair and wrapped up in it not thinking anything of it. One of the ladies on the couch looked at me and said, "Covering up with whatever you can find huh?" (Still thinking nothing of it) I said..."Yep, it is there for decoration, it might as well keep me warm." About halfway through the night I shifted in my seat and adjusted the "blanket" and that is when I noticed......the neck hole....this was not a blanket.....it was a lady's shawl. Feeling a little bit like a.....not really sure what to say here....I slowly slipped the shawl off of myself and draped it over the chair next to me. At the end of the night I saw the same lady who had asked me about it, put it over her neck and leave....I mean the thing looked just like a blanket....How was I supposed to know? I feel like I find myself in moments like these a lot....where I do something slightly, or not so slightly, embarrasing, but I'm the only one who doesn't really know I have done it and then later I will catch on and feel even more embarrased. This is one of the intricacies of being me.

2 comments:

amy said...

have i mentioned that you are funny? cause you are. that's all.

amy said...

and i love the "intricacies" that are you. thanks for sharing your life with me - especially the home video version. i. loved. it. and the fact that you were willing to share it with me.