5.10.2010

its your doggie "doodie"

Dogs poop. Dogs poop and they often do not do it at the most convenient times or in the most convenient places. My dog, unfortunately, is no exception. This is not my favorite part of pet ownership. On Saturday I took her up to the mountains to hike. She is quite the skilled hiker and has an affinity for being in front...and by that I mean she must be in front and refuses to let you lead. She has endless energy and forges ahead off leash to explore. Since we move so much slower than her she will often dart up into the trees at full speed pretending to chase a squirrel and then come bounding back down again. If you saw her you might think she was crazy....she might be. But anyway, back to poop. So on Saturday, we get out the car and cross the street to start the trail. We are less than 30 seconds down the trail and Cali decides she has to poop immediately. Her spot of choice is the dead center of the trail we are in.....lovely. At times I try to be a responsible pet owner and pick up after my dog...I think you should...I am just not always prepared. At that moment, the options were slim. Option A) Find a giant leaf....a few giant leaves. Option 2) tree bark Option 4) leave it. We went with option 2 and below is a picture of my scooping and flinging. It was quite funny.




Maybe if Cali had one of these.....


Or if I could teach her to do this....
Maybe?

2 comments:

amy said...

Ummm...the PooTrap is one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. Ever. So stinkin' funny. Thanks for entertaining me. BTW - was that numbering system just for me? Because I like it. But, other people who are reading your blog might be like..."A, 2, 4...what is wrong with her??" :-)

Melanie said...

I love Cali stories. OMG, that dog! I don't think I could love her more.