5.27.2010

my sad grocery cart.

This is a picture of my grocery cart from Walmart today.....strange thing to take a picture of, I know. Looking at it, you would probably think that I was just beginning my shopping and that is why there are so few things in it. If this is what you thought, you would be incorrect. This is actually the finished product.



There is some coffee creamer, bread, pasta sauce, milk, bananas, apples, soap, dog food....and that is about it. I am pretty sure that out of that...Cali has more to eat than I do. It is pretty pitiful, but this is typical. My pantry is always struggling. I have no groceries (or at least nothing you can make a meal from) so after weeks of living that way, I make myself go to the store (Walmart of all places) and this is all I come out with...ironically, still nothing to make a meal out of. What is wrong with me? I really just end up walking past most of the isles, grabbing the same things every time and leave thinking, "Maybe I should have planned that better?" I have also discovered that many times, the few things that I buy don't get eaten. Like for several months I would buy a potato or a sweet potato and then never cook it. I also found an entire bag of spinach today that had not been opened and was past its date.
I don't dislike cooking. I actually really like to cook, but what do I cook for myself? I have found, that when left to my own devices, I will live off of cereal and sandwiches and literally, nothing else. I don't like those frozen meals. I have bought them and then I never make them or finally make them and think they are gross. I should really NEVER live alone, or at the very least, I should always have friends who like to cook together.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm the same way. Left to my own devices I never eat real meals. Or at least rarely do. And you know how much I like to cook. That was one of the best things about being roommates - we made the yummiest dinners!

I see you're back to your hippie-soy-milk ways :)