5.16.2010

rain and rainbows.

After church yesterday, it rained...stormed actually. It was one of those fast moving storms, darkness quickly covers the sky and really heavy rain pours down, and then suddenly, before you know it, it is gone. These are the kind of storms that produce beautiful things like this...





I was in my car when the rain was pouring down and then as soon as it began to clear, I looked up, and there it was; a rainbow.....a big, beautiful mark in the sky that the storm was leaving. And then.....2 rainbows. AMAZING! Sometimes I think that God makes it rain, just so He can show off things like this. I think this is true literally and figuratively. In John 9 there is this story about a man born blind and people come to Jesus and ask Him if the man's blindness is the result of his sin or his parent's and Jesus says, neither, and then He says something profound. He says, "This came about so that God's works might be displayed in him." There was rain in this man's life so that afterwards, beauty can shine forth and all will know that God is the One, True, God. The Psalmist in chapter 72 says it this way, "You caused me to experience many troubles and misfortunes, but You will revive me again. You will bring me up again, even from the depths of the earth." I think it rains (both literally and figuratively) because the Lord's desire is to revive His creation, and by doing so, display His beauty and majesty.

1 comments:

amy said...

If this were FB, I would say "Like" right here. Good word, friend. Love it. Love you. That's all.